Generosity in Action
Glen Meadows is fortunate to have residents, families, volunteers and staff who are committed to ensuring and enhancing the quality of life for all residents at every level of service – now and in the future.
Gifts to Glen Meadows over the years have been as varied as the people we serve and have been made directly by individuals or through the Glen Meadows Foundation. Our wheelchair accessible mini-van, for example, was provided through a resident initiated fund drive. Other gifts, such as the four Wii entertainment systems and the in-house cable TV station have been generously provided by the Foundation.
In addition, gifts to the Glen Meadows Foundation help to provide charitable care to those residents who have outlived their personal financial resources. No one has ever been asked to leave the Presbyterian Senior Living system of care because they had outlived their resources. This means if a person does not divest or give away assets, we have an unwavering history of keeping our commitment to the people we serve. In fact, Glen Meadows provided $116,750 for uncompensated care in 2010.
If you or a loved one have benefited in any way from our services, we invite you to consider extending the gift of quality care and quality of life in any number of ways.
Memorial and Outstanding Service Gifts
- Commemorating a life through a memorial gift:
- An increasing number of people are suggesting donations to Glen Meadows in lieu of flowers.
- Others are contributing assets that are no longer needed such as life insurance or retirement account balances.
- Acknowledging Outstanding Service by a member or specific members of our staff or volunteers by making a donation in their name.
Our Wish List
- Donating toward an item on our “Wish List,” which fall under several categories:
Resident quality of life
- Games and other activities for our memory support services
- Renovated shower rooms for increased privacy and comfort for our assisted living and skilled nursing residents
- Window treatments for Health Rooms - $14,000
- Bedspreads for Health Care rooms - $5000
- New equipment for Spa therapy on assisted living and health care units - $10,000
Operational enhancements and efficiencies
- Painting the Great Hall - $12,000
- Replace chairs in Great Hall- $32,000 ($150 each chair)
- Window treatments for the Great Hall - $11,000
- New Furniture for Great Hall - $15,000
- Gator/Golf Cart - $12,000
- Enhance sound system for Great Hall - $20,000
- Beauty shop renovation - $20,000
- Programmable thermostats - $23,000 ($200 each)
Simply contact Yolanda Johnson, Executive Director, about the kind of gift, bequest, or other support that would be meaningful to you and impact the quality of life and care of the people we serve. Her direct line is 410-319-5122 and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
As with every not-for-profit organization, we rely on the compassionate support of our residents and their families and friends, as well as the contributions provided by countless other organizations committed to the care of the elderly. There are always needs to be filled and services that require financing beyond internal budgetary capabilities, so we are dedicated in continuing our work to raise the funds needed to fulfill our mission at every level, down to every last resident at Glen Meadows.
Our Donors & Their Stories
Click here to read more about donor influence and impact.